The Palais Royale collection is reminiscent of the elaborate detailing of the classic French Rococo styling with its intricate veneer work, undulating curves, and exuberant floral embellishments. French Rococo came to creation during the late 17th and early 18th centuries, with the word originating from a combination of the French word "rocaille," or shell, and the Italian "barocco," or Baroque style. It is most well known for its use of asymmetrical compositions, undulating lines, and S-curves.
Rococo furniture took on a role of comfort and versatility, and Palais Royale follows the example. Throughout the collection, the accent furniture pieces can be moved from room to room, seamlessly blending into the décor. As well, each piece has been carefully designed for maximum comfort.
The magnificent mansion bed boasts a unique Pillowed Wood Design that beckons a closer look. Like its predecessors, this Rococo styling contains lighter elements, with plenty of curves, and natural, intricate patterns. It is scaled and proportioned to suit any home with impressive elegance, and is finished in a wonderful Rococo Cognac.
- Rococo Cognac Finish
- Hand-carved Leaf Swirl Motif
- Crafted from Birch solids with Intricate veneer work
- Casual styling
- Sensuous Curves, Hearty Construction, and Luxuriant Fabrics
- Light Antiquing to enhance Beauty
- French and English Dovetail Construction on all Drawers
- Ultra Smooth Ball Bearing Drawer Glides
- Antique Brass Hardware
- Full Velvet lining on drawers with cedar lining on bottom drawers
- Shaped, curved and beveled glass doors on various pieces
- Matching Bedroom, Dining, Occasional, and Upholstery